Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday - Day One

The first day is always the day of patience…flight changes, getting the whole group checked in and boarded, flying with teenagers (haha!), getting the rental vans, and wondering if we will ever make it to Pot Belly’s for food. Just know that your student is surviving and being a great example for Christ. I type this as I sit on the plane. As I look around I see Janet (Pastor BJ’s wife) reading; Maggie Moore napping; Rocky watching a movie on his laptop; Christi Pitts reading Authenticity (small group literature…you’d be proud Doyle); Mr. Mark Moore scoping out the view from the window; Josh Rutledge working a sudoku puzzle; Jeremy Rutledge doing the same as Josh; Rachel following Josh and Jeremy with the puzzle (what’s up with the Sudoku puzzles); Casey Fletcher listening to her ipod, eating peanut butter crackers and drinking Diet Coke; Brandy and Shalee bepooping in their seats; Carson, Justin, and Jadi visiting; Murphy and Ariel giggling; Mickey and Katie just hanging out; Dustin, Hannah and Mary visiting; Mikey, Courtney, and Ashley visiting; poor AJ has a seat with no one else from our group; and last but not least is Chris and Julie…they are hidden somewhere up at the front of the plane while we hangout by the restrooms at the back of the plane…must be because Mr. Hurst made the reservations.

Our plane didn’t actually take off until 11:15. Apparently, our plane sat in the hanger all night and the front bathroom was a little “ripe,” according to the pilot. No one has actually tested that bathroom to see if it is “ripe”…I’m trying to talk Christi Pitts into checking it out but she is not being a team player. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, she doesn’t want to be part of that team.

Check back for my information about our adventure on our first day to Chicago. This is Kristie Johnson and I will be your informant for the week! Be sure to check for new prayer updates…they will be on the right side of the blog…

O’Hara Airport:
The drivers made their way to the rental company while the rest of the group waited for their return. There’s nothing better than “people watching” at the airport. This year our rental company was prepared and ready. We have two fifteen passenger vans and one Expedition. So, off we went…which was not so bad because construction was completed on the roads. Of course, there’s no way around traffic at 4:00 in Chicago but we arrived at the Agape Center around 5:15.

Arrival at Agape Center:
Upon our arrival today, Ms. Linda Cotton, Kid’s Camp Director, met and gave us a brief orientation of the building. The students took time to get their beds ready and chill while four of us (Julie, Janet, Mickey, and myself) made a grocery run to Walmart. After unloading the van we loaded up and headed to dinner. Tonight we ate at the Cracker Barrel. All you need to know is “chicken ‘n dumplins”…yummy!!!! We had a great time of fellowship.

9 comments:

Moma, Ms. Judy said...

Hi Shalee. I will be praying for you as you start your day in the morning Shalee, that God will really impact Tribe Issachar and you will make a major difference in the lives of the children you work with this week. Dad, Courtney and I love you and are praying for you, and the whole GFC group, every day, many times. Love you bunches, Moma

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah, I hope and pray your day is going well. Please know that I will be praying for you today. I love you and already miss ya!! I pray that the Lord uses the GFC group to touch many lifes this week. Stay strong! Love ya, Mom

Moma, Ms. Judy said...

Hey GFC Group,hope you are having a great morning. Just prayed for all you for all the things on the prayer list. I know God will use all of you in a mighty way this week. I love all of you and will continue to be in prayer for each of you. God is so good!
Ms. Judy

Anonymous said...

Yo, My Texas group. Hope everything is going well. Wish i could be hangin out, lovin on, and most importantly sharing the good news with the children. Im prayin for yall.
Wes Pierce

Kara said...

Great Blog! I am praying for you guys for unity, health and rest. Also, believing for the Lord to use you all mightily for His Glory!

In Christ,
Kara Shriver-Jer. 29:11-13

Anonymous said...

hi its anna beth wats up? Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pennyb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pennyb said...

My little mermaid..I miss you so much..you have such a giving heart that I know you are having so much fun with the kids. Tell Ms. Linda I said hello! You are such a blessing and I pray that all of you will make a huge difference in these little ones lives. I can't wait to see pictures. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the first day got off to a GREAT start. Love the pictures . We will be praying against mean old satan and his already little creepy attacks. Back away buddy in the name of Jesus. I missed my snuggle time last night with you Red and I hope that you remember every little detail so I can hear all about it. I loved the picture of you and Kristi. love momma